July 7, 2019


Rabbit Stew:

Recently, I found myself absolutely famished camping in Merrill Wisconsin.  I was so hungry with only a bag of rice from the local vietnamese market and a significant amount of carrots from a nearby garden that I started making a stir fry type dish in my cast iron pan,  however, limited by my ingredients at hand, I knew I needed more.  I ravished the garden once again for chives and kale.  A source of protein was still missing. Remembering the rabbit stew that my grandfather used to make, my decision was made. I was going to have rabbit stew.  Leaving out a plethora of details, I must say it turned out a lot better than you'd expect.  I had spices from my previous camping trip that included Mrs. Dash and nutmeg as well as an onion, potato, and two peppers (red and orange bell).  Adding these to the stew was a fantastic idea.  The meat was incredibly tender and full of taste.  For broth, I filtered water from the Wisconsin River, making sure I was not downstream from a beaver lodge. I boiled the water in the stew and had a ball cooking it listening to some great music.  The final product was extraordinary, full of taste and just the right amount for one person.  I thanked the nearby man for letting me take crops from his garden and I was well on my way to camp in the next spot.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUCuGVGsf-M


Image result for Rabbit stew camping

Comments

Popular posts from this blog